Everyone is a maker!
Let the world know your ideas, projects, prototypes or any innovation you are keeping in your closet.
Come out, submit your proposal!
We particularly encourage interactive, entertaining, innovative, creative proposals that highlight the process of making, help sharing the makers vision and nurture inspiration.
Maker Faire Rome is a great celebration of invention, open to all forms of applied creativity, from the most serious to the most imaginative projects.
Exhibit at Maker Faire means high visibility and lots of fun, business contacts and networking opportunities with fellow makers from all over the world.
Selected projects will be granted the utmost visibility across different media: web, press and social media.
Brand new to this coming edition: the project awarded as “best one” could be entitled to win the “R.O.M.E. Prize”: a 100,000 euro prize for the Best European Maker Project with the Highest Social Impact. Besides, other awards lie ahead and will be announced soon!
What are we searching for
- Projects worth exhibiting: selected applicants will be given a pre-set free booth (table + chairs) inside the exhibiting halls, strategically located so to be visited by the large audience that attend Maker Faire Rome right for the sake of discovering interesting projects.
- Amazingly entertaining presentations: selected applicants will be given a free room (or a stage) to give project presentation/speech, tell a story, engage the audience in the issue they are keen to discuss.
- Super cool workshops: selected applicants will be assigned a workshop area where they could hold interactive sessions and engage participants – adults and / or children – in “hands on” activities.
- Performances: selected applicants will be given a free space (or a stage) for them to perform in creative, technological, robotic, musical, pyrotechnic performance.
How to apply
- Please read the regulation carefully the before submitting your proposal.
N.B. if you had submitted a proposal in any previous editions, please be informed that the 2016 Regulation has slightly changed so make sure to read regulation before proceeding.
- Submit your proposal by June 15, 2016, 12.00 pm (CET) here
- Spread the word! #MFR16
Projects submitted by the Call for Makers will be evaluated by curators.
All selected projects will enjoy free participation (exhibiting booth or other appropriate area) at Maker Faire Rome 2016.
Schools can participate through the dedicated Call for Schools.
Public University and Public Research Institute can apply through the dedicated Call for Universities and Research Institutes.
Hot topics we would love to receive proposals about:
- 3D printing and scanning
- Arduino & Raspberry Pi
- Artisans & New Craft
- Cities and Mobility
- Cultural Heritage
- Digital fabrication and CNC
- Energy & Sustainability
- Fashion & Wearables
- Food & Agriculture
- Home Automation
- Internet of Things
- Kids & Education
- Music & Sound
- Open Source Hardware
- Radios and Vintage Computers
- Recycling & Upcycling
- Sports and Leisure
- Steam Punk
- Wearable Technology
- Wellness & Healthcare
N.B. Selected applicant will also enjoy the opportunity to sell products and/or gadgets on site at Maker Faire Rome 2016.
To submit your project, please proceed to the exhibitor area and fill in the application form.
For information, please contact us at email@example.com
Help us creating the most terrific Maker Faire Rome ever, spread the word:
- on line, via social media, using #MFR16
- by engaging your fellow makers (and especially those who still do not know they are a maker!)
- letting the world know you are participating to the Call 4 Makers: download the artwork you like the most, and use them on your web site or social media
- by subscribing our newsletter, to keep up to date.