1. Promoting Subject and Organiser
- The present Regulation governs the “Call for Makers 2017” that will take place within the “Maker Faire Rome – the European Edition 2017”, (www.makerfairerome.eu), promoted by the Camera di Commercio (Chamber of Commerce) of Rome and organised by Innova Camera, special agency of the Chamber of Commerce, legal seat in Rome, 00186 – Via dè Burrò 147.
2. Subject of the event “Call for Makers 2017”
- The purpose of the “Call for Makers 2017” is to promote the innovation, through the diffusion of the digital culture and the development of the individual and collective entrepreneurialism, awarding prizes to the best projects.
- In respect of the present Regulation, competitive modalities will choice the makers that will take participate to the Maker Faire Rome 2017.
3. Subjects to whom the “Call for Makers 2017” is directed and modalities of participation
- The participation to the Call for Makers 2017 is free of charge and is addressed to subjects, Italian or not, physical persons or legal entities, which intend to propose their project and participate according to the modalities chosen among the ones listed:
- Exposing the project: two tables and two chairs will be provided for free within the space, so that visitors and interested persons may experience the project.
- Presenting the project to the public: it will be provided of a room or a stage where makers may talk about their project or tell their story or deal with specific issues.
- Holding a workshop: free area will be provided where makers will hold interactive presentations, in order to involve the participants, adults or children, in practical activities.
- Performing in public: a free space or a stage will be provided to makers in order to perform in their creative, technological, robotic or musical performance.
- Each participant may submit one or more projects and select one or more modes of participation.
4. Procedures and terms for submission of applications
- Requests for participation in the “Call for Makers 2017” may only be submitted in accordance with the procedure provided online, by filling out the form (in Italian/English) available in the restricted area for exhibitors on the official website of the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”, selecting the way of participating referred to in paragraph 3.1.
- The deadline to submit an application for the “Call for Makers 2017” is September 15, 2017 at 20.00 CEST, subject to any extension of the term which is reserved exclusively to Innova Camera, that will be made known to potential participants to Call for Makers 2017, in the manner that it deems necessary. ( DEADLINE EXTENDED 1 OCTOBER 2017 AT 24.00 CEST)
5. Issues covered by the project submitted and the evaluation criteria
- The projects to be presented may concern, for example, the following topics:
- 3D printing
- 3D scanning
- Open hardware
- Artisans & New Craft
- Cultural Heritage
- Energy & Sustainability
- Fashion & Wearables
- Food & Agriculture
- Home Automation
- The Internet of Things
- Kids & Education
- Music & Sound
- Open Source
- Recycling & Upcycling
- Steam Punk
- The following criteria will be followed in the assessment of the projects submitted, under paragraph 3.1 letter a):
- The participant must present a working prototype at the fair;
- The project must meet the requirements of creativity and originality;
- Preference will be given to projects that actively involve the visitors and show, besides the outcome, also the process of creation and construction of the project.
- The projects will be also judged taking into account the requirements of space, of special technical issues and safety risks.
6. Selection of participants in the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”
- The evaluation on the acceptance of participating proposals, in accordance with paragraph 3.1, is reserved exclusively to the appointed subjects (curatori) by Innova Camera, that are entitled in contacting applicants to request any clarifications and additions needed. The decision taken by the appointed subjects (curatori) is unquestionable.
- By October 30 , the acceptance of the request to participate will be notified by e-mail. All communications relating to the contract and other logistic information will follow.
- The accepted proposals regarding the exposure of projects may use a stand. The physical presence in the stand for the whole duration of the “Maker Faire Rome 2017” is required (1-3 December 2017, limited to the opening hours). In any case, applicants will have the right to participate in the “Maker Faire 2017” as exhibitors only after signing the contract which must be signed by the deadline specified by Innova Camera in the selection notice. In the event that the selected applicant will not sign of the contract, Innova Camera will have the right to replace the applicant with another one included into a “waiting list” drafted by the appointed subjects (curatori).
- The subjects appointed (curatori) by Innova Camera will select 400 projects for the “Exposing the project” mode. However, Innova Camera will have the right to modify this number considering the logistic availability. The location of the projects selected for the exhibition will be made in the area considered the most appropriate, taking into account, where possible, any information or requests of the proposers.
- The participation of the project to “Maker Faire Rome 2017” will be free of charge, and participants will not be charged with any costs for the use of the space. No refund or compensation for the costs incurred by the selected applicants (for example: travel, accommodation, equipment, etc.) will be covered by the organisers or promoters.
- The sale of products and the distribution of gadgets will be allowed during the participation to the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”.
7. General Conditions and grounds of exclusion from the Call for Makers 2017
- Innova Camera will have the right to cancel, modify or suspend at any time the Call for Makers 2017 as its content, appearance or selective criteria. Innova Camera will have the right to postpone or cancel the whole event for force majeure.
- The organizers will have the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant who:
- Violate the terms of these Regulations.
- Try to tamper with the entry process or the functioning of the “Call for Makers 2017”.
- In any case Innova Camera will have the right to proceed in the terms deemed most appropriate, and in compliance with applicable laws, to limit and to prevent any initiative intended to avoid the selection system.
8. Data Protection
- The same data provided by the participants, including those related to the submitted project, may be communicated to third parties for the purposes of the Call for Makers 2017 and, for the same purposes, to be disseminated by publishing them on the website www.makerfairerome.eu or on third party websites, after the prior approval of Innova Camera.
9. Guarantees and indemnities
- Participants in the “Call for Makers 2017”, by accepting the present Regulation, represent and warrant that the submitted project:
- is original and, in relation to it, the proposer has the rights to participate in the “Call for makers 2017”.
- does not infring third parties rights including patents, trademarks and trade secrets, copyrights, rights from contracts or licenses, rights of privacy, moral rights, rights of publicity or image rights.
- is not inherently defamatory or abusive or has any content that can damage the name, the honour or the reputation of the organizer or any person involved in the “Makers Faire 2017”.
- is not in violation of applicable laws and do not encourage illegal miners, threatening and harassing behaviours.
- Individuals participating in the “Call for Makers 2017” state, from the time of submission of the application to the “Call for Makers 2017”, to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Organisers, Promoters and Sponsors from any claim or legal request submitted by any third party, for the violation of one of the provisions and for the maximum term allowed by law.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, by applying the participant shall grant the Promoters, Organizers and the Sponsors:
- to use for advertising and other promotional purposes, relating to the participation to the Call for Makers, his name, corporate name, image as well as images and signs and marks identifying the project submitted, by publishing them on the Site www.makerfairerome.eu or on a third-party web sites subject to previous authorization by Innova Camera;
- make available to the public the materials related to the project on the website of “Maker Faire Rome 2017” or on third party websites, after the prior approval of Innova Camera;
- explain the project and related materials during any congresses, conferences and seminars:
- communicate to third parties interested in investing in the development, commercialization and economic exploitation of the project, the information needed for.
10. Truthfulness of Information
- Participants declare under their own responsibility that all information, data, and, more generally, any other material provided in the submission of the application and/or at any other stage of the “Call for Makers 2017”, meet the criteria of fairness, truthfulness and completeness.
- In case of violation of this provision the participants undertake to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Organisers, Promoters and Sponsors from any claim or claims for compensation filed by any third party and that the participants will be solely and fully responsible for the declared falsehoods.
- The obligations contained in the above Regulations are effective from the time of the submission of the application up to the maximum period permitted by the applicable law.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Regulations shall be governed by the Italian law. Any dispute arising in relation to the Rules and other conditions contained in it, including disputes concerning its validity, interpretation, execution, fulfilment or termination, shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Rome, thus every other Court which should be elected will be excluded.
- If any provision of this Regulation shall not be valid under the applicable laws, rules or regulations of a particular country, this will be applied only in the permitted limits.
- The participation in this competition implies that the participants fully and unconditionally accept the rules and provisions contained in these Regulation without limitation.
 The participation to the Call for Makers 2017 is reserved to persons aged 18 years of age or older.
 Any legal entity is allowed to partecipate to the Call for Makers 2017 except Universities and research and educational entities or institutions (public and private).