1. Promoting Subject and Organiser
- The present Regulation governs the “Call for Schools 2017” for the selection of projects that will take part at “Maker Faire Rome – the European Edition 2017” .#MFR17 is promoted by Camera di Commercio di Roma (Rome Chamber of Commerce) it’s organised by Innova Camera, Internal unit of the Rome Chamber of Commerce which legal address is in Rome, Via dè Burrò n. 147- 00186
2. Subject of the Initiative: “Call for Schools 2017”
- The purpose of the “Call for Schools 2017” is to promote the innovation, through the diffusion of the digital culture and the development of the individual and collective entrepreneurialism, by selecting the most innovative projects coming from European high schools which will be hosted during #MFR17.
3. Subjects to whom the “Call for Shools 2017” is directed and modalities of participation.
- Partecipate in “the Call for Schools 2017” is free of charge and it is addressed to all second-level secondary Italian schools and to similar scholastic institutions belonging to the other countries of the European Union .
- Each participant may submit one or more projects.
4. Procedures and terms for submission of applications
- Requests for attend to the “Call for Schools 2017” may only be considered by submitting in accordance with the procedure provided online, that’s to say by filling out the form available in the restricted area for exhibitors on the official website of the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”.
- Proposals must be submitted only by a teacher or by the headmaster.
- The deadline to submit an application for the “Call for Schools 2017” is no later than October 20, 2017 at 20.00 CEST, subject to Any extended time period for submitting the Call for Schools is solely reserved to Innova Camera. ( DEADLINE EXTENDED OCTOBER 28 2017 AT 24.00 CEST)
5. Themes enclosed by the submitted projects and the Evaluation Criteria
The projects to be presented may encompass, for example, the following topics:
- 3D printing
- 3D scanning
- Open hardware
- Artisans & New Craft
- Bio Economy
- Cultural Heritage
- Energy & Sustainability
- Fashion & Wearables
- Food & Agriculture
- Home Automation
- The Internet of Things
- Kids & Education
- Music & Sound
- Open Source
- Recycling & Upcycling
- Steam Punk
- Wellness & Healthcare
The following criteria will be followed in the assessment of the submitted projects:
- capacity to highlight the processes of digital manufacturing
- new intelligence applied to traditional products or processes (using sensors, 3d printing and whatever new technologies may be applied, including open harware and open source);
- profit-making potential;
- interactivity and visitor involvement.
The projects will be also judged taking into account the requirements of space, of special technical issues and safety risks.
6. Selection procedure for selecting projects at the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”
- The evaluation for the acceptance of participating projects, in accordance with paragraph 3.1, is reserved exclusively to a jury of experts appointed by Innova Camera. The Jury is entitled in contacting applicants to request any further enquiries, should clarifications and additional information needed. The decision taken by the appointed jury is unquestionable.
- Within the period of three days from the end of the “Call for Schools 2017”, the acceptance of the request to participate will be notified by e-mail to the proponent. All communications relating to the contract and other logistic information will follow.
- The accepted projects regarding the exposure of projects may enjoy the use of a stand. The physical presence of the proponent within the booth – for the whole duration of the “Maker Faire Rome 2017” (1-3 December) is strictly required although limited to the opening hours. Applicants will have the right to participate in the “Maker Faire 2017” as exhibitors only after the signature of the contract with Innovacamera . It is of the utmost importance meet the deadline specified by Innova Camera within the notification of decisions on the selection and award. The headmaster is the person who need to sign the contract which is necessary to participate to the Maker Faire Rome. In the event that the selected applicant will not sign the contract, Innova Camera will have the right to replace the contender with another one which will be included into a “waiting list” drafted by the appointed jury.
- The participation of the project to “Maker Faire Rome 2017” will be free of charge, and participants will not be charged with any costs for the use of the space. The lodging expenses will be covered by Innovacamera for one teacher and two students for each project accepted (in particular 1 single room and 1 double room). These expenses will be paid directly by the organization.The organization and / or sponsors are also committed to cover train travel expenses by two participants for selected Italian schools until the available resources are exhausted.
The jury appointed by Innova Camera will select the projects. The location of the projects selected for the exhibition will be made in the area considered the most appropriate, taking into account, where possible, any information or requests of the proposers.
- The sale of products and the distribution of gadgets will be allowed during theevent. Innova Camera requires a teacher to be at the stand both during the setting up, the dismantling and throughout the Fair.
7. General Conditions and grounds of exclusion from the Call for Schools 2017
- Innova Camera will have the right to cancel, modify or suspend at any time the Call for Schools 2017 as its content, appearance or selective criteria. Innova Camera will have the right to postpone or cancel the whole event for force majeure.
- The organizers will have the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant who violate the terms of these Regulations.
8. Data Protection
- The personal data provided by the participants, including those relating to the project presented, may be disclosed to third parties for the purposes related to the conduct of the ” Call for Schools 2017″.
9. Guarantees and indemnities
- Participants in the “Call for Schools 2017”, by accepting the present Regulation, represent and warrant that the submitted project:
- is original and, in relation to it, the proposer has the rights to participate in the “Call for Schools 2017”.
- does not infringe third parties rights including patents, trademarks and trade secrets, copyrights, rights from contracts or licenses, rights of privacy, moral rights, rights of publicity or image rights.
- is not inherently defamatory or abusive or has any content that can damage the name, the honour or the reputation of the organizer or any person involved in the “Makers Faire 2017”.
- is not in violation of applicable laws and do not encourage illegal miners, threatening and harassing behaviours.
2. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by applying the participant shall grant the Promoters, Organizers and the Sponsors:
- to use for advertising and other promotional purposes his name, company name, their image as well as images and signs that identify the proposed project.
- make available to the public the materials related to the project on the website of “Maker Faire Rome 2017” or on third party websites, after the prior approval of Innova Camera.
- explain the project and related materials during any congresses, conferences and seminars.
- communicate to third parties interested in investing in the development, commercialization and economic exploitation of the project, the information needed for.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Regulations shall be governed by the Italian law. Any dispute arising in relation to the Rules and other conditions contained in it, including disputes concerning its validity, interpretation, execution, fulfillment or termination, shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Rome, thus every other Court which should be elected will be excluded.
- This contest is not regulated by the rules of D.P.R. No. 430/2001 “Regulations contests and prize operations”, in accordance with Article 6 letter a).
- The participation in this competition implies that the participants fully and unconditionally accept the rules and provisions contained in these Regulation without limitation.