1. Promoter and Organizer
- The present Regulation rules the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017” that will take place within the “Maker Faire Rome – the European Edition 2017”, (www.makerfairerome.eu), promoted by the Camera di Commercio (Chamber of Commerce) of Rome and organised by Innova Camera, special agency of the Chamber of Commerce, legal seat in Rome, 00186 – Via dè Burrò 147.
2. Subject of the event “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017”
- The purpose of the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017” is to promote the innovation, through the diffusion of the digital culture and the development of the individual and collective entrepreneurialism, involving projects of Universities and Research Institutes.
3. Subjects to whom the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017” is directed and how to participate.
- The participation to the Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017 is addressed to all the public Universities and Research Institutes, which intend to propose their project and participate according to the modalities chosen among the ones listed:
- Exposing the project: in order to allow visitors to experience the project an area will be provided. Conditions for the space assignment are detailed by art. 7 of this regulation and assuming the coverage of the costs expected for subjects selected.
- Presenting the project to the public: it will be provided of a room or a stage where makers may talk about their project or tell their story or deal with specific issues.
- Holding a workshop: area will be provided where makers will hold interactive presentations, in order to involve the participants, adults or children, in practical activities.
- Each University or Research Institute may submit one or more projects and select one or more modes of participation.
4. Procedures and terms for submission of applications
- Requests for participation in the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017” may only be submitted in accordance with the procedure provided online, by filling out the form (in Italian/English) available in the restricted area for exhibitors on the official website of the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”,
- The deadline to submit an application for the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017” is September 30, 2017 at 20.00 CEST, subject to any extension of the term which is reserved exclusively to Innova Camera. ( DEADLINE EXTENDED 15 OCTOBER 2017 AT 24.00 CEST)
5. Issues covered by the project submitted and the evaluation criteria
- The projects to be presented may concern, for example, the following topics:
- 3D printing
- 3D scanning
- Open Hardware
- Artisans & New Craft
- Bio Economy
- Cultural Heritage
- Energy & Sustainability
- Fashion & Wearables
- Food & Agriculture
- Home Automation
- The Internet of Things
- Kids & Education
- Music & Sound
- Open Source
- Recycling & Upcycling
- Steam Punk
- The following criteria will be followed in the assessment of the projects submitted:
- new intelligence applied to traditional products or processes (using sensors, 3d printing and new technologies);
- profit-making potential;
- interactivity and visitor involvement.
- The projects will be also judged taking into account the requirements of space, of special technical issues and safety risks.
6. Selection of participants in the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017”
- The evaluation on the acceptance of participating proposals, in accordance with paragraph 3.1, is reserved exclusively to the appointed jury of experts by Innova Camera. The decision taken by the jury is unquestionable.
- By October 20, the acceptance of the request to participate will be notified by e-mail. All communications relating to the contract and other logistic information will follow.
- The accepted proposals regarding the exposure of projects may use a area/stand. In any case, applicants will have the right to participate in the “Maker Faire 2017” as exhibitors only after signing the contract which must be signed by the deadline specified by Innova Camera in the selection notice. In the event that the selected applicant will not sign of the contract, Innova Camera will have the right to replace the applicant with another one included into a “waiting list” drafted by the jury.
- The location of the projects selected for the exhibition will be made in the area considered the most appropriate, taking into account, where possible, any information or requests of the proposers.
- The sale of products and the distribution of gadgets will be allowed during the participation to the “Maker Faire Rome 2017”. The sale must be made according to the fiscal legislation in force. The physical presence in the area/stand for the whole duration of the “Maker Faire Rome 2017” is required (1-3 December 2017, limited to the opening hours).
7. Assigning spaces through the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017”
- Each project selected will be entitled to a space that will be equipped optionally chosen by the participant as follows:
- empty area – the assigned area will be provided with electricity and connectivity, while the entire arrangement, agreed with the organization, will be fully borne by the participating institution;
- shell scheme space – 8 sqm modular stand with standard equipment provided by the organizer that includes: 2 tables, 2 chairs, lighting, electricity and connectivity. In this case the Exhibitor shall be subject to pay a lump sum to cover expenses for modular stand of 350.00 euro/each module, plus VAT if applicable (max 3 modules).
8. General Conditions and grounds of exclusion from the Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017
- Innova Camera will have the right to cancel, modify or suspend at any time the Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017 as its content, appearance or selective criteria. Innova Camera will have the right to postpone or cancel the whole event for force majeure.
- In any case Innova Camera will have the right to proceed in the terms deemed most appropriate, and in compliance with applicable laws, to limit and to prevent any initiative intended to avoid the selection system.
9. Data Protection
- The personal data provided by the participants, including those relating to the project presented, may be disclosed to third parties for the purposes related to the conduct of the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017”.
10. Guarantees and indemnities
- Participants in the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017”, by accepting the present Regulation, represent and warrant that the submitted project:
- is original and, in relation to it, the proposer has the rights to participate in the “Call for Universities and Research Institutes 2017”.
- does not infringe third parties rights including patents, trademarks and trade secrets, copyrights, rights from contracts or licenses, rights of privacy, moral rights, rights of publicity or image rights.
- is not inherently defamatory or abusive or has any content that can damage the name, the honour or the reputation of the organizer or any person involved in the “Makers Faire 2017”.
- is not in violation of applicable laws and do not encourage illegal miners, threatening and harassing behaviors.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, by applying the participant shall grant the Promoters, Organizers and the Sponsors:
- to use for advertising and other promotional purposes his name, company name, their image as well as images and signs that identify the proposed project.
- make available to the public the materials related to the project on the website of “Maker Faire Rome 2017” or on third party websites, after the prior approval of Innova Camera.
- explain the project and related materials during any congresses, conferences and seminars.
- communicate to third parties interested in investing in the development, commercialization and economic exploitation of the project, the information needed for.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Regulations shall be governed by the Italian law. Any dispute arising in relation to the Rules and other conditions contained in it, including disputes concerning its validity, interpretation, execution, fulfillment or termination, shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Rome, thus every other Court which should be elected will be excluded.
- This contest is not regulated by the rules of D.P.R. No. 430/2001 “Regulations contests and prize operations”, in accordance with Article 6 letter a).
- The participation in this competition implies that the participants fully and unconditionally accept the rules and provisions contained in these Regulation without limitation.