Where we are
“Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition” will be back from 1 to 3 Dicember, at Fiera di Roma.
Eastern entrance (“Ingresso Est”) at Via Alexandre Gustave Eiffel (a cross-street of Via Portuense)
Northern entrance (“Ingresso Nord”) at Via Portuense 1645-1647
How to get there
From the ring road (Grande Raccordo Anulare – G.R.A. – A90), take exit 30 towards Fiumicino and follow the signs for Fiera Roma (“Ingresso Est” or “Ingresso Nord”)
From downtown Rome, head south on Via Cristoforo Colombo or Via del Mare, following the signs for Fiumicino Aeroporto, then continue on the Rome-Fiumicino (A91) motorway and follow the signs for Fiera di Roma.
If you are using a GPS, Fiera di Roma’s address is: Via Portuense 1645 – Rome.
Several free parking lots are available as well as Parking with 5,00 Euros per day fees
In car2go (Official Car sharing Maker Faire Rome)
You can reach the Fiera di Roma by driving car2go, both from the city center and from Fiumicino airport. fortwo or forfour, choose the smart that best suits your needs and remember that you can use the new, affordable 2, 4, 6, and 24-hour minutes: https://www.car2go.com/IT/en/car2go-packages/
Not a member yet? Sign up now on https://www.car2go.com/IT/en/rom/ using the promotional code J17_FK_ROM / MAKERFAIRE, you will have a free subscription and a credit of € 5!
By public transportation
Downtown Rome is linked to Fiera di Roma via regional rail line FL 1, in the direction of Fiumicino Aeroporto.
The Trenitalia ticket for the FL 1, destination of Fiera di Roma (Ingresso Nord), may be purchased at FS ticket booths, at the self-service kiosks situated in the stations, and at www.trenitalia.com, at a cost of € 1.00.
The Metrebus BIT – Integrated Time Ticket (fare: 1.50 € – valid for 100 minutes after being stamped, and/or a single journey on the metro) and Metrebus passes entitle the bearer to use the FL 1 train to reach the Fiera di Roma stop. For details on tickets and fares: http://www.atac.roma.it
The railway stations on the FL 1 line that may be reached by metro are:
- Roma Tuscolana (Ponte Lungo stop on Metro line A) – about 30/40 minutes of travel
- Roma Tiburtina (Tiburtina stop on Metro line B) – about 30/40 minutes of travel
- Roma Ostiense (Piramide stop on Metro line B) – about 30/40 minutes of travel
Is suggested to buy the tickets in advance
From the Termini railway station, take Metro Line B in the direction of Laurentina and get off at the Piramide stop. From here, follow the signs for Ostiense station (located within the same railway hub, and linked by a covered passage) and take the FL 1 train in the direction of Fiumicino Aeroporto. Get off at the Fiera di Roma stop.
The city of Rome is served by numerous taxi companies. Should you require the service’s general switchboard, call 060609.
Estimated travel time from the city centre (Termini Station): 50 minutes. For more information: https://romamobilita.it/it/servizi/sportello-taxi/tariffe-taxi
From Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport
Links with Nuova Fiera di Roma are by train, bus, and taxi. Rental car services are also available.
- By train. From the railway station inside Roma-Fiumicino Airport, take the FL 1 train in the direction of Orte – Fara Sabina and get off at the Fiera di Roma stop (8 minutes). Ticket cost: €8.00. Departs every 15 minutes on weekdays, and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays.
Consult train schedules at www.trenitalia.com
- Bus. At terminal T1-T2, take the Cotral bus in the direction of Eur Magliana and get off at the Nuova Fiera di Roma stop. Ticket cost: €1.30. Consult Cotral times and schedules at www.cotralspa.it
- Taxi. Taxi service is available at the airport 24 hours a day. Estimated travel time: 15 minutes.
For more information: www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-taxi
- Car rental. The airport is served by several car rental companies. Their offices are located in the pedestrian passageway linking the air terminal with levels B and C of the multi-level car park. For more information: www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-car-rental
- Car and driver hire. The car and driver hire service is available at Fiumicino Airport’s “Arrivals” area; marked by the initials NCC, the vehicles are generally painted blue or grey. The service applies variable rates depending on the destination, and must be requested in advance. For more information: www.adr.it/pax-fco-noleggio-con-conducente
From Ciampino’s Giovan Battista Pastine Airport
There is no direct public transportation link from Ciampino Airport. Taxi and car rental services are available.
At Ciampino Airport, you may take the Atral bus in the direction of Anagnina (travel time: approximately 20 minutes; for schedules: www.atral-lazio.com/en/ciampino/anagnina).
At the Anagnina stop, take metro Line A to the Ponte Lungo stop, follow the signs for the Tuscolana railway station (approximately 400 m on foot), and take the FL 1 train in the direction of Fiumicino Aeroporto. Get off at the Fiera di Roma stop.
Alternatively, take any of the following links to Roma Termini, and continue on towards Fiera di Roma:
The link to Termini station is served by a number bus. The stop is located in front of International Departures. For more information: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-bus
The railway station closest to Ciampino Airport is Ciampino Città, linked to the airport by Cotral/Schiaffini buses every 30 minutes. Average travel time is 5 minutes. A light rail links the Ciampino railway station with the Roma Termini station in about 15 minutes.
From Termini station, take Metro Line B in the direction of Laurentina and get off at the Piramide stop. From there, reach the Ostiense railway station (located within the same railway hub) and take the FL 1 train in the direction of Fiumicino Aeroporto.
Taxi. Taxis to Rome are available in the plaza in front of the airport. Some routes are subject to a flat rate. The destinations with flat rates, including all supplements, are the following:
City of Rome inside the Aurelian Walls: € 30.00
Tiburtina Station: € 35,00 (the FL 1 train for Fiera di Roma stops at Tiburtina station)
Stazione Ostiense: € 30.00 (the FL 1 train for Fiera di Roma stops at Ostiense station)
Fiumicino Airport: € 50.00
For more information: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-taxi
Car rental. The airport is served by several car rental companies. Their offices are located at the Airport entrance, at Via Mameli, beside car park P8. A free shuttle service from/to the Departures Terminal is available. For more information: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-car-rental
Car and driver hire. Car and driver hires are available at Ciampino Airport arrivals, marked by the initials NCC; the vehicles are generally painted blue or grey. For more information: http://www.adr.it/pax-cia-noleggio-con-conducente