The prize originates from the desire to identify, support, and turn into a reality innovative technological solutions aimed at increasing participation in sport and/or sporting events.
The prize contest is promoted by Coni.
Who can partecipate
Participation in the contest is free and, in addition to expressly addressing the Maker community, is open to everyone (natural persons, Italian or foreign, companies, bodies, associations, foundations, and/or other legal persons, with residence or main office in Italy or in another country of the European Union).
The prize originates from the desire to identify, support, and turn into a reality – and therefore spread –innovative technological solutions aimed at increasing participation in sport and/or sporting events, promoting fan engagement also through gamification dynamics, raising awareness of the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI) and of the Italian Olympic team (Italia Team), and, lastly, creating a “lead generation” among those who love or follow sports.
These projects should leverage the following factors:
- Use of wearable technologies;
- Use of technology applied to fields from gaming to playing fields and equipment;
- Enjoyment of sporting events through the use of innovative technologies;
- Interaction between geographically distant athletes or participants;
- Increasing the number of people practicing sports.
The contest will award 1 prize assigned by the Promoter:
- 2 tickets to attend the final phases of the 75th edition of the Internazionali BNL d’Italia (the Italian Open) in Rome;
- Guided “behind-the-Scenes” access to restricted areas at the Parco del Foro Italico Venue during the Internazionali BNL d’Italia tournament, to experience close contact with the world’s finest tennis players;
- Olympic Kit by EA7 Armani: the Kit is complete with all the apparel and accessories worn by athletes of Italia Team, the Italian National Olympic Team that will compete at the 2018 Olympic Games in Pyeongchang. The Kit includes:Olimpic ski jacket, ski plants, mantella unisex, long down jacket, pile, seamless tech tee, jumper, pant, t-shirt, polo, tracksuits, trolley u, gymbag u, bootbag u, gloves, socks, scarf, beanie, shoes
Winning contestants will awarded by Maker Faire Rome with a free exhibition space during the event.
How to partecipate
To enter the Contest, candidacies must be submitted by no later than 15 November 2017, on the Maker Faire Rome website https://makers.makerfairerome.eu/play-it-easy .The designs submitted to Maker Faire Rome’s Call for Maker 2017 are automatically entered in the contest.